Friday, January 8, 2010

I need advice about cutting.?

I know someone very dear to me who (used) to cut themselves.


And they recently went through some emotional hardships.


When I tried to talk to them they became furious and stormed away.


Obviously there is no way I am doing any good.


But I am fearful that they will start to cut again.


What do you thing would be the best way to handle this?


Go to the parents? Siblings? Or maybe a college councilor?I need advice about cutting.?
As a former cutter, just be their friend. And an honest friend, not just ';it's my moral duty to look out for you'; sort of friend.


And I HATE when my friends ask me about it. DON'T bring it up, and don't invade their lives trying to fix it for them. You just have to let them work it out for themselves, and be their friend.


Although, the best thing you can do is help them to become relaxed, help them not be stressed. Go out and do things together to help them get their mind off things.





P.S. I would say even if you do see cut marks, don't butt in. You can tell them you're worried and listen to them and still be their friend, but don't go behind their back and tell their mom, or something. Again, they gotta work it out on their own.I need advice about cutting.?
Only step in if u actually see cut marks otherwise its really going to ruin that friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment