Friday, April 30, 2010

Badly need some advice about my F1 visa troubles.?

I am a British Citizen born and bred. In 2002 I went to the US to study for a bacholar's degree at the University of South Carolina. I did study for 2 and a half years (full-time as required) but then missed a year but did not leave the country and then did study for another year full time after that. After coming home for xmas I tried to go back on my F-1 visa but was denied entry and have application withdrawn in my passport and visa cancelled. I am trying to complete my final year of study. Yesterday I was denied another F-1 visa at the london embassy under section 214b. I now have 2 solid job offers for when I have a degree and these clearly show that I intend to return to the UK. I am seeking advice from people who know about this stuff on how likely I am to get another F-1 visa given my past troubles and over stay even though I did return to full time education but I did not leave the US. Please Help!!





Thanks





John BBadly need some advice about my F1 visa troubles.?
This is rough. They are pulling the belt pretty tight on US visas, especially student visas. You better just keep trying. Each time you go to the consulate, do your best to get the opportunity to explain your story, and ask them for their advice. If nothing there, see if you school can do anything. Even a letter from them might help.





Good luck.Badly need some advice about my F1 visa troubles.?
Being on an F1 visa we HAVE TO be convinced in our own minds that we will return to the UK after our studies. It is not straddling the fence. It is a requirement by the US government.


John B, I hope you got it sorted. I reaffirm the above advice.

Report Abuse



Perhaps you should either stay in Great Britain...why can you not go to school there? Or tell the US that you want to stay there. You are a man who is straddling a fence. You want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to take advantage of an education in the US, but you do not want to leave the UK. Make up your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment