Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need Advice,about my job..Please Answer!!!?

Hello Everyone, Okay here it is.... 19 year old female from a big town with a lot of opportunity in the restaurant business. I have worked at the same place for 7 years. I make only 6.50 as a waitress, but understand this, i have many responsibilities such as answering phone, cashier, cleaning at the end of the night, assisting the cook, stocking shelfs, stocking soda cooler, cleaning the bathrooms, busing my own tables...helping me cook...etc....., so i have not gotten a raise in 3 years and my boss is a complete asshole.he tells me that he owns my life as long as i work there and other nasty things....... so my question is should i quit or stick it out, i say stick it out because I am moving out of town in May, so i only have like 8 months left here? oh and also i was told yesterday that i now have to work open to close on saturday and sunday which is from 10 am until 11 pm with no breaks.....i am also a full time college student. and school is number one to me.THANKS IN ADVANCE..!.I need Advice,about my job..Please Answer!!!?
wow check out another job.. why be miserable for 8 more months ? yohoo has job listings 2 look over..I need Advice,about my job..Please Answer!!!?
hi Dear


well you have plenty of experince in restuarent which is good enough for you to find a job. believe on ur self and just quit rite now and you are goin to find loadz of opportunites in front of you. so just leave that place and do wot your heart says................
I think you need to look for another job immediately and get out of there! With your skills and dedication, you should be able to pick up another job in a minute!!!!! It's pretty easy to get a waitress job if you are good at it, so please don't stick it out just because you have only 8 months left there. Your asshole boss is intimidating you and he fully knows it!!!!! But if you need the income, don't quite this job until you find another........Good Luck to you!!
Sounds to me like he's taking full advantage of you. You should check with the labor board because it's supposedly against the law to open AND close without breaks. You've worked for this place for 7 yrs and making min wage still? Law states you're supposed to get raises every so often. Have you thought about checking with BBB (better business bureau) and the Labor Board about what you're allowed and the laws of your state?


You said yourself you're moving in 8 months. If you feel you can stick it out 8 more miserable months, do it but you have the right to tell him that you can't work open to close on the weeneds due to your studies in college. If he can't accommodate that knowing you've been there for 7 yrs, I'd tell him to fly a kite and find something else for the remaining 8 months. If you're able to stick it out a little longer maybe look for something at home where you can bring in additional streams of income to replace til you're able to say adios to him. Look online for home based businesses with small start up fees (you're getting products/kits to get started) and some have no start up fees. As with any business do check w/ the BBB (better business bureau) for legitimacy and ratings etc. I got started with http://www.bedavis1.mywayout.net and fell in love with it. Keep in mind though it takes time to build a business. No legit business is a get rich quick theme.


But all in all... your boss is taking you for a ride and has been for quite some time. And being nasty is poor business like as well. You really should either check w/ labor laws or go above him if he's not the owner. BTW? he does NOT own your life as long as you're there!


Good luck
get another job darling, he's never gonna change and u deserve so much more!!!!
Find another job til you leave in May. Your boss is taking advantage of you and not paying you for what you do. As for the hours working with out a break check your state laws on that. In NY you are entitles to a break after 4hours of work and a 1/2 hour lunch after 6hours of working. Quit that job and make you last 8months happy ones.
U really should quit and find another job. U are experienced enough and I think it will not difficult for u to find another job. Wh u have to stick in that place for 8 months more??? The quicker u get out , the better
OK, Let me get this straight. You are 19? And have worked there 7 years? That means you were 12 when you started. I'm going to guess the owner is family related. Your making 6.50 hour? As a Waitress? Good Deal! Waitress wages are about $2.13 an hour. Plus Tips. So your making $4.37 more than waitresses with double your experience. I think if you shop around for another job you will find out you probably have it pretty good. Heck. Minimum wage in Florida is only $6.40. Your a college student? So more than likely Mom %26amp; Dad are flipping the bill. So, I guess my answer to all this, is if you hate it that much, QUIT. Get good grades and apply for a better job. Sorry, I'm not seeing it.
Yo, you sound just like me!! I have the same problem my boss USES me to do things that were not listed in the job description. First off I would say quit, b/c it sucks when you HATE GOING TO WORK! And your not even getting that much money in the first place, especially with the amount of work that you do! I am a full time college student and I completely understand but you really need to quit. The college you go to should have some jobs on campus or an employment aide. Do it for your dignity and watch when you leave or tell them that your leaving (@ your job) they will try to beg you to stay but you cant because you have GOALS in life

No comments:

Post a Comment