Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Non-Discernment advice only please about drugs and getting pregnant?

First off don鈥檛 judge me and harsh remarks are no welcomed. My doctor is putting me on a ovulation medicine today but im a little worreid about things I鈥檝e done in my past as a teenager ext... Me and my husband both use to smoke marijuana but haven鈥檛 in a while he smoked a lot more then I did mine was once in a while but now that were married and going to start a family im worried that it could mess the baby up some how. Any non-judgment answers would be helpful.Non-Discernment advice only please about drugs and getting pregnant?
True confession from a Mommy:





I smoked pot when I was a kid. Lots of it. I have a happy, healthy three year old. I was terrified while I was pregnant, too. I talked to my OBGYN and he gave me a great deal of reassurance and calmed me right on down.





If you and the hubby and not using drugs now, then I would say go for it. If you or he are still using, then my advice would be put on the breaks.





Good luck to you!Non-Discernment advice only please about drugs and getting pregnant?
in my past i did so many drugs...two years straight was nothing but coke and meth, and I smoked pot daily for over 6 years as well. the only thing I didn;t do was drink. I am pregnant with my 4th child and all of my three before are healthy, strong and smart. not saying their mom was the smartest thing on the block 10 or15 years ago. I would not worry about it at all.





My oldest is 9 and I have been clean for over 10 years.
If this was in the past you have nothing to worry about... I have known people that my cousin works with that smoked during pregnancy.... and as far as we can tell the baby's are fine (without knowing any medical issues we can't see.. the babys really seem ok) .. Now I would never take that risk.. but past indulgence should be OK....
no problems from ex drug use it's as simple as that
What happened in the past isn't going to affect any future pregnancies. You should totally be fine. Just don't use while you are pregnant. Start taking all the necessary measures for a healthy pregnancy like eating right and getting plenty of exercise. You aren't the only one who's traveled down that road once or twice. Good luck to you.
What you did in the past is in the past. I don't think it will have any affect on your baby. You can speak with him about it (your Doctor) and I'm most certain he will tell you the same thing. As long as you are not doing any drugs since you have been trying. Staying clean while being pregnant is the most important thing. I know someone very close that Smoked weed while she was pregnant and her children are always always sick. Good Luck and Stay Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment