Sunday, December 27, 2009

Needing advice about the war in mexico! HELP!?

Hey All, I just need a little advice, I'm getting married in Mexico at a resort in the riviera maya in august! I'm hearing alot of negative things about the war and how its starting to spread into the resorts, should I rethink going down there to get married??? Any advice would be great!Needing advice about the war in mexico! HELP!?
The WAR???????? Wow, I must live in a different country, there's no war here, going against something does not make it disappear.


Be pro safety and that works, that's what I am pro peace and a safe country.


The only war in Mexico I know of happened 100 years ago: the Mexican revolution and 200 years ago: the independence war.Needing advice about the war in mexico! HELP!?
wow, apparently living here for 3 years i completely missed this ';war'; going on. good god, i'm a skinny american blonde haired, blue eyed, white woman and i think if anyone would be in danger it would be me and i have never had problems.





so this war thta is spreading to the resorts, so all the guests put on cammo and run around with combat weapons? all resorts are safe as long as you use common sense, which maybe you don't have so much of...
Yeah, I'm going to Mexico next week.. my family told me about this drug war or someting? They looked into it and concluded that it would be fine. As far as i know.. its mostly along the US/Mexico border.





If you want more info, try:


http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/26/60minutes/main4831806.shtml
I think you will be fine. I would advise against getting married in Ciudad Juarez. There was a General killed outside of Cancun by the Zetas, but unless you are getting married and plan on leading an elite group of soldiers against the drug lords, you should be ok.
Click the link below to read the LA Times article, especially the last line: ';When you get here, everybody's going downtown,'; Seguin said. ';And coming back safe.';
The cartels don't give a CRAP about tourists..the United States doesn't know anything about anything that's going on over there..you'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment