Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A few years ago, I married a ';con'; man. I need some advice about a car I bought?

In the first couple of weeks of marriage, we went to buy a car. I had excellent credit, he didn't... I later found out it was so bad he couldn't even rent an apartment in his name. I know I sound like an idiot... but I had gone through some horrible traumas and when I met this ';Christian';, I just fell for all the crap he said. He said he owed his own company and that he was going to have me on payroll for ';x'; amount of dollars. He gave me a title and I would be over the sales deptartment. When I filled out the application at the car dealership I put this information down. Had they checked it, they would have found out, as I did, that no company existed. I never gave them proof of income, because I didn't have any at that point. Well, he wiped me out and eventually the car was repossed. That was about 6 - 7 years ago. My credit is horrible. What recourse do I have? Don't worry, I've been to therapy and I know what red flags to look for when dating.A few years ago, I married a ';con'; man. I need some advice about a car I bought?
I hope you're not married to him any longer.





Basically the best you can do is rebuild your credit to good.


There is really nothing you can do about the car except pay it off.





Make sure your credit record is no longer carrying any of his debt cause that's what he saddled you with. (since or if you are divorced from him). Or if it is possible to do so. See a credit-debt adviser and get some real options.A few years ago, I married a ';con'; man. I need some advice about a car I bought?
Wait a second he owns his own company and yet his credit is so horrible he couldn't even rent an apartment in his own name? I understand you've gone through some horrible traumas but at the same time I can't understand how you fell for this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment