Wednesday, December 23, 2009

English people, could you give some advice to Americans going to England on what annoys you about us?

Well I'm across the border but I'm sure that it should just be the same.





Basically just act like yourself to be honest, most people hate a STEREOTYPICAL American, basically thinking that you are high and mighty and no country comes close to America's super powerfulness. I've talked to a lot of American people and only one or two are really like that. So unless you have a problem like that it should be fine, like I said, just be yourself :)





EDIT: Almost forgot to say! Enjoy your visit :PEnglish people, could you give some advice to Americans going to England on what annoys you about us?
I love my American cousins, I have visited their country twice and loved it, but what did annoy me was their constant reference to ENGLAND. Forget what our politicians are seeking, we are a United Kingdom, this sceptered isle is made up of Scots, English, Irish and Welsh. One without the other is like pancakes without maple syrup lol. We may all speak English but we were not all born in England, the country is soooo small that you could quite literally have a foot in England and a foot in Scotland.


Please refer to us as ';Brits'; accept that we have regional differences, there can be an accent/dialect change within 20 miles,but that is because we have a history of ';culture';and cohesion, one that successive governments have sought to destroy.


Enjoy what is good about Britain before it is lost, I have nothing that annoys me about you except your reference to England.


';Edit';


England does not = Britain


That is the tool that has sought division and gained it in my opinion, your innocent enquiry compounds what has been encouraged for generations.xEnglish people, could you give some advice to Americans going to England on what annoys you about us?
As above really, there are lots of brash, loud Americans out there, but so far the ones i've met have been very nice %26amp; not typical of how you are portrayed.


Hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment