Saturday, December 19, 2009

Advice about my daughter!?

she doesnt like me touching her nose at all, like all babiesAdvice about my daughter!?
Google a saline drip for a congested nose. You can mix salt and water in a small plastic syringe(like the ones you give tylenol in) and put a couple drops in each nostril. It helps to have her laying on your lap with her head away from you, with her neck dropping down past your knees, this way the fluid gets into her sinuses. She REALLY wont like it, but after you sit her back up after waiting a few seconds it will get her nose to really run and she may even sneeze out a lot of the congestion. Even if it doesn't work at all, at least it's not harmful in anyway and you can always try again later. I remember them doing this for me at the hospital when my son was sick. Best of luck.Advice about my daughter!?
My daughter didn't like it either. So I'd do as you are and sit with her in a steam filled bathroom to loosen any mucous ( you can also try saline drops, but that maybe really hard given her hatred for having her nose touched) And then, I had my husband help me hold her still while I used the bulb syringe. She cried and got mad because she didn't like it, but it's what had to be done. She got over it pretty quickly, though.





Hope this helps!
My little girl I found what works best is to hold her on your chest and hope that some of it drains ten to 1 she will fall asleep on you. Also next time you go to wal-mart they have vaporizers there with vic's vapor and chest rub that really help out alot, They have baby forms of it as well.
There are saline drops that help thin the mucus secretions...





Also for $19.99 Walgreen or K-mart sells a battery operated nasal aspirator. I have heard they work much better than the blue bulb aspirators. It is made by Graco.





Also a humidifier will help a bit.
Did u try the saline drops before u sucked her nose out? If not try those it loosens the mucus inside her nose to help it come out.
TRY TO HOW A WARM TOWEL OVER HER STOMACH

No comments:

Post a Comment