Saturday, December 19, 2009

I need advice about this......?

I was elected student of the year, I'am the first out of five children ( the only boy and the youngest) to go to college. Im going for General Business. This is my last year in High School. Im graduating on time. Im 18, live in a shelter, and soon to get my own apartment (fully furnished). So all this going on right, i call my mom and tell her all this, i tell her also that by time i get out the shelter i'll have saved over $2,000.00. And the program im with pay for everything until im 21(sweet). My moms response was ( sarcasticly) ';wow finally some good news';. So im thinking, when you used to pray for one of your children to go to college, and also all of your daughters are pregnant and your response was in no way happy? What should i do? That crushed me.I need advice about this......?
I'm usually all for supporting moms, but in this case, screw her! You're doing well for yourself, and if she can't be proud of you for that then you don't need that in your life. Don't let it get you down. Make something of yourself, be successful and be an example to others coming from the same situations that life CAN be good.I need advice about this......?
My family is the same way--they didn't look at how I picked myself up after a divorce--they hunt and pick at something else that just didn;t work out right and tell me what a loser I am.


You know in your heart what you've done is great ( and SUPER JOB, btw ). Be proud of your accomplishments and walk proud. :-)
Sounds like she is still hurting from the past. I think she sounds depressed. Talk about it some more to her later. You may have hit her at a wrong time.
she sounds like a pathetic person and negative. you do not need that in your life. do not contact her. she sounds selfish and rude and not right in the head anyway. share your joy with those who truely love you and care for you. let her wallow in her own self pity without you. you need to focus on doing the good things that you are doing. congrats to you buddy!!
You are doing well for yourself and i for one am very proud of you.You will make something of yourself in life.What and how your mother responded is her problem.I know it is hard but forget it and congradulations
WOW...congratulations... look, just be happy for yourself. You are on the right track and if your mom doesn't seem to think so then that is her fault. I know her opinion and comments matter to you but don't let it get you down. You are doing something good here..so don't let her ruin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment